Babies may be small but they are BIG money. That’s why these retail giants and conglomerate product brands are pulling together to make sure every freebie loving mom-to-be will get their hands on free diapers, lotions, and wipes samples.
Free baby sample boxes are a win-win for consumers who want to test out product samples. I ended up getting every free baby box available.
I did skip the sample baby box from Babylist for now since they charge $10 for shipping fees. That’s a bit steep for baby samples that I likely already have from my Amazon/Walmart/Target boxes.
By the unboxing of these 3 boxes, I was up to my neck in a repetition of free baby samples 🙂 So let’s get started – see what’s inside of all the boxes, and step by step of how I got all of them for free!
⭐ Recommended Reads:
- 51 Healthy Frugal Dinner Recipes You Can Make for Under $2
- 25 Simple 5-Ingredient Meals for Under $5 to Feed a Whole Family
- 35 Scrumptious Meals You Can Cook Under 20 Minutes (20 Minute Recipes)
Table of Contents
What’s The Amazon Baby Registry?
Amazon Baby Registry is a site feature that allows expecting parents to register items they want or need for the baby’s arrival. Parents can include major items like cribs to smaller ones like thermometers and milk bottles. They can share the list with anyone (family, friends, etc). Whoever wants to buy the items for the baby can buy it easily through the registry. Here are the other benefits you can get in opting for this product.
- 20% discount on diapers for the first year (for $500+ worth of purchases through the registry)
- 15% discount on unfulfilled items from the registry
- A free welcome baby box (“$35 value”)
Is The Amazon Baby Box Totally Free?
Creating an Amazon Registry is totally free of charge. In addition to the shopping convenience of a registry, you can also get a free $35 value* Amazon baby welcome box once you create the registry.
The box typically contains baby sample products such as bottles, diapers, wipes, and lotion. Once you or someone else purchased $10 worth of items in your registry, you can get the box for free.
You can make an Amazon Baby Registry profile without being a Prime member. But if you’re still interested in the baby box content, the only option is to buy Prime for a month -OR- sign up for an Amazon Prime account trial for 30 days. Just make sure you order the box before your Prime trial ends.*
- Active Prime Account (trial Prime accounts count too)
- Amazon Baby Registry Profile
- At least $10 worth of purchase (excluding tax or shipping cost)
- Shipping address must not be within US, Alaska, and Hawaii, or with APO addresses
*NOTE: The Amazon welcome baby box runs out of stock sometimes, especially towards the end of the month. It comes in stock by mid-next month once it’s out of stock. So watch your timing if you are using the Amazon Prime Trial to get the sample box.
Step-By-Step: How To Get An Amazon Baby Registry Box
Getting a free Amazon Baby Box is easy and takes 20 minutes or so. Follow the steps below to get your free Amazon Box to save on your purchases for baby items.
1. Sign Up For Amazon Prime: If you’re not a member of Amazon Prime, get the 30-day free trial. Look for the Amazon logo on the webpage and click on “Try Prime.” After that, follow the straightforward instructions from the site.
2. Create Your Own Baby Register: Once you’re officially an Amazon Prime member, its time to create your baby registry profile. You can create your baby registry here. Common questions such as expected arrival date, address, and registry visibility are included in the FAQ.
3. Add Items For Your Registry: Once your registry is up and running, you’re good to go. The items would be up to your preferences, but products such as bottles, baby clothing, strollers, diapers, and wipes are great choices. I added a bunch of suggested baby items to my registry just superficially – took about 5 minutes.
4. Purchase $10 Worth Of Goods*: Any category of good added to your registry that’s over $10 and sold by Amazon.com. And it doesn’t matter who pays for the expenses in the registry. Yourself, your family, or your friends can purchase anything from the checklist. As long as the official seller is “Amazon.com” and the item is preloaded on your registry.
We needed more dog treats so we simply added our dog’s treats to the baby register and checked out. That opened up our Amazon welcome baby box redemption. On the checkout page, it will say item from ____’s registry. Once you spent $10 you will be able to claim your box.
5. Claim Your Free Amazon Baby Registry Box: Amazon will unlock the “Claim Now” button once all the requirements are fulfilled. The items will automatically be added to your cart. A $35 promotional credit is used upon checkout.
⭐ “That’s Interesting!“
- Panhandling: How Much Money Do Panhandlers REALLY Make?
- How To Make Money As An Instagram Influencer (Internet Fame That Pays?)
- 39 People Who Got Richer AFTER Quitting Their Day Jobs
- Can Being a “Friend-For-Rent” Really Make Extra Money?
1st Amazon Baby Welcome Box
2nd Amazon Baby Welcome Box
Diaper and swaddle Free bottle Pacicifer, body wash, and wipes A onesie and a thick thermal shirt The entire spread of our second box
Item count: 7-10 products
Ehhh, a $35 value is a stretch for both boxes. I hope no one goes out and buys a box for $35. That would be a silly waste of money. The retail value for the contents of my 2nd Amazon baby box is $15ish. The 1st box…worth less than $10.
There’s a big discrepancy between our Amazon baby boxes so your miles may vary. We ended up with 2 boxes because our parents had a Prime account and I took advantage for comparison sake. I couldn’t believe how bad my first box was.
Either way, out of all the baby boxes, my Amazon ones were lackluster especially considering you had to spend $10 on the registry and have a Prime membership to get it. But getting that 15% discount off (x2) from any baby registry items made getting the Amazon registry set up worth it.
✏️ Related Reads:
- 11+ Companies Offering Free (or Seriously Discounted) Internet At Home
- 40 Everyday Household Items You Should Buy Secondhand Instead of New
What Is The Walmart Baby Box?
Walmart Registry is a program that lets soon-to-be-parents create a checklist of essential products such as diapers and wipes for their baby. This checklist is shareable and can be viewed by people with permission. Anyone who wants to give a gift to the baby can do so by buying an item to the list. If the list is worth $50 or more, Walmart gives free shipping.
Step-By-Step: Redeeming Your Free Walmart Baby Box
Creating Your Own Walmart Baby Registry
1. To opt in for a free box, you need to create or login to your Walmart account.
2. Next, create your own baby registry using this link. Start by filling up a profile (which would ask for your information and expected date for baby’s arrival). You can manage the registry by using the Walmart app too but it’s not required.
3. Share the link with your family and friends. Take note of your registry’s URL link, which is needed for redeeming your box below.
Redeeming Your Free Walmart Registry Box
1. Go to this Walmart link.
2. Paste your baby registry URL in the form provided.
3. Answer the other questions regarding your information. Submit the form once you’re done.
4. Wait for your free welcome baby box. The package usually arrives 4-6 weeks
Inside My Walmart Baby Box
There is no in-store pickup option – Walmart’s baby box is shipped to you totally free. You don’t have to jump through as many hoops to get your free baby box from Walmart as Amazon and Target makes you.
No purchase required at all, they just need just an account and an address. It’s the easiest box to get your hands on out of all 3.
I had low expectations for the Walmart baby box but the box arrived chalked full of stuff. It was definitely heavier than Amazon’s baby boxes in terms of weight. Here are the internal contents of the box:
Cute box 🙂 Peeping inside All lay out Dr Brown bottle Super cute milestone cards Baby milestone cards with product suggestions on the back Johnson & Johnson body wash and lotion sample with a MAM pacificer Baby laundry deteregent / sensitive skin detergents Huggie and Pampers disposable diapers Baby cold medicine sample Baby wipes Misc product coupons Walmart’s marketing genius: the milestone cards to tug at your heart Baby box
Item count: 11-13 products
My favorite thing from this box is the baby milestone cards. They are thick deck of index cards (sort of like makeshift belly stickers) with each month and common baby milestone printed on it. It’s a really sweet and personal touch, something I didn’t expect from Walmart.
Considering how easy it was to get this box (took 3 minutes max; no hoops to jump through; totally free) – this is a pretty good value. There were 2 full-sized items (Dr. Brown bottle and pacifier), the rest were samples. Shipping is totally free and my box arrived within 4-5 weeks.
There is 2 packets of baby (cold?) medicine, that was unexpected. It’s not something I’ve gotten in other boxes. But it might be something really handy to have it around though, so thank you Walmart for an unexpectedly solid free baby box.
⭐ Relevant Reads:
- 23 Ways Ladies Can Score Free Makeup Samples ? (2019)
- 23 Inexpensive Diet Tricks To Shed Those Vanity Pounds ?
- StitchFix Too Expensive? Meet ThredUP’s Goody Box Alternative ?
What Is Target Baby Registry?
Target offers a platform where expecting parents can list gifts that they want to receive for the baby. Family and friends can “gift” the items listed in the registry. Besides this perk, parents can get numerous other benefits:
Target Baby Registry Benefits
- 15% discount (x2) on everything listed in the registry eight weeks before the baby’s listed expected arrival. It’s 15% online, and another 15% in stores
- A platform that lets you create a checklist of essential items
- A Target free baby welcome kit*
- Easy returns & exchanges up to a year after your arrival date
- Group gifting (guests can contribute toward larger items) and gift tracking (managing thank you notes)
*You need to create a baby registry in order to be qualified for a welcome kit. This kit has free sample products, coupons, and reusable bags. Parents can create their registry either online or in Target’s physical stores.
Step-By-Step: Redeeming Your Target Welcome Baby Kit
Creating a Target Account
1. Sign in or make a Target account here.
2. Next, create your own baby registry. Head on to this page and fill up your profile.
3. Add any random baby item to your registry. It’s pretty straightforward. You will be guided by prompts that will help you create a balanced registry.
4. Save your list and share the link to eager gifters.
For Target app users: create a list using the app. Follow the instructions from the prompt or customize your list based on your preferences.
5. You will receive an email (check your spam) after you created your registry letting you know your registry perks. Part of the registry perk is being able to get a barcode to claim your Target welcome kit inside your Target account.
Redeeming Your Target baby Box
1. The interface can be different for both desktop and mobile apps. First, you need to go to your registry and select Manage your Registries & Lists.
*NOTE on Redemption: If you are on mobile and using the mobile version of Target on your web browser then you will not see the barcode. You have to request the desktop version on your mobile browser of Target’s website in order to find the barcode. You can download the barcode image in advance just in case to skip the mobile/desktop fuss.
2. Use the Get Barcode option (save the barcode or screenshoot the code on your phone)
3. Go to a Target store, pick up your gift at Member Guest Services (usually next to the refund counter) with the barcode and claim your box. There is no free shipping. The Target baby box is pick up in-store only.
4. Here’s a link to Target General Registery FAQ if you have further questions.
⭐ Recommended Reads:
- How To Make Money as a Notary Public
- 45+ Legit Ways to Make Quick Money Before Pay Day
- 105 Ridiculously Easy Crafts to Make & Sell for Money
Inside My Target Baby Box
Lay out Target baby kit with a coupon book for more discount on baby products Baby body washes and lotions (lots of various brands) Another MAM pacificier Dreft baby detergent, boogie wipes, and lotion for moms Pampers diaper and baby wipe sample More diapers and a Dr. Brown bottle Nipple pads and coupons
Target Baby Coupon’s Book
Item count: 13-17 products
I scanned the Target coupon book above just for kicks. Of course, the coupon book changes so your discounts will vary – I just wanted to show that there is product diversity in there. There’s even a 50% off Starbucks coupon.
Everybody says the Target baby registry kit (more of a cheap synthetic tote bag) is the best among all 3 boxes. I can see why people would say that. It’s the heaviest and one that comes loaded with tons of samples from all various brands. The best perk if you shop with Target regularly is having the 15% off anything* registry coupon (for both online and in-store transactions.)
These boxes are all free so there’s no reason why you can’t claim all of them. If you want non-sample products (like onesies and blankets) go with Amazon. Amazon’s the only box that came with swaddles and onesies. The rest of the samples in the Amazon baby box are tamed.
If you didn’t want a repetition of samples or waste your time, the most goodie loaded box is Target’s baby welcome kit — especially if you are interested in using the $80 value* bonus coupon book included. The only downside is you have to go to a Target store and pick it up in person (which cost us money in the end because we spent money shopping while there. Their sinister plan worked!)
If you want to skip the work Amazon & Target makes you go through and simply get a free baby sample box shipped to you, Walmart’s baby box is your best bet. I love the milestone cards and how easy it was to get it. All I had to do was put in my expected due date and shipping address. The Walmart baby box just showed up on my doorstep one day, a few weeks later, easy peasy!
Financial Freedom Starts With Saving:
Personal Capital: Sign up and use their net worth calculator for FREE. They are a free financial service platform that helps you analyze your portfolio, retirement, and financial health all on one simple & secure account
ThredUp: The only online recycle clothing store I currently shop and sell with. Great mission statement, company model, customer service, prices, and selection. Sign up with our invite link and you can get $10 free in ThredUP credit.
Survey Junkie: SJ is one of the few survey companies that are 100% legit, user-friendly, and great for making extra money. Earn up to $1,000 a month doing surveys online. You can make anywhere from $5-$20/day in your free time.